- 3 cups berries ( I used 2 cups blackberries and 1 cup blueberries)
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat flour (or whatever your flour of choice is)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Palm sugar (again, whatever sugar works for you)
- 2 pie crusts (I did not make these from scratch this time. I bought pre-made crusts for time’s sake. Recipe for my paleo buckwheat pie crusts here)
- Full fat coconut cream (I used Marion’s Kitchen brand. Left in the refrigerator it condenses into a cream).
Preheat oven to 425F. Thoroughly wash berries, drain and coat the berries in the flour and sugar mixture. Spray pie pan with nonstick oil (I like coconut) and lay the first pie crust down. Fill the pie with the berries. Discard any loose flour and sugar mixture. Place the second crust on top and wrap edges around pie pan to seal. Flute the center of the pie and crimp the edges.
Cover pie crust edges with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Check pie often, and if pie crust is browning rapidly cover entire crust with foil. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake until filling is bubbly (about another 30-40 minutes). Let cool completely before cutting and topping with coconut cream. Enjoy!