- Cream together 2 cups Buckwheat flour and 2 sticks of butter (you can substitute any type of hydrogenated fat) after thoroughly mixed combine with one egg yolk
- Bring together dough and form into a ball. Cut dough ball in half.
- Liberally flour your rolling surface and rolling pin. Roll out dough into a uniform circle until 1/8 of an inch thick (HINT: press together the edges if they split apart).
- Transfer dough to a greased pie pan. This is super tricky and took me a few tries. Roll half of the dough back over the rolling pin, and scoop the other half of the dough with a bakery cutter; transfer dough over and press into the dish. Poke dough with fork to prevent bubbles from forming. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Next, combine 4 cups of blueberries (frozen or fresh), 1 cup of sugar, liberal pinch of salt, and 3 tsp of lemon juice until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour blueberry filling into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then at 450 degrees until the crust is browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Let cool (I refrigerated overnight, but you can eat as soon as you want. The warmer the bake is the sandier the crust will be), sprinkle with powdered sugar, garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!