Here’s what you do:
- Simmer 2 quarts of chicken stock with 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp. Chinkiang vinegar and 1 tbsp. organic butter. Add Himalayan salt to taste (or add a packet of ramen seasoning). Whilst the broth is simmering…
- Julienne 3 large carrots (I used rainbow: purple and white)
- Julienne 1 large Jalapeño (we like heat so I left the seeds in)
- Chop 1 cup porcini mushroom (or whatever variety you like)
- Chop 1 bunch of green onion (leave some for garnish)
- Add all the vegetables. Cover the pot and let simmer until the carrots are tender (about 10 minutes). Add 2 packages of ramen noodles; cover and let sit until the noodles are tender.
- Top with fried egg and garnish with green onion and bean sprouts
- HINT: the longer you let it sit, the better the flavor.